How can I resize the numbers of bars and page numbers?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Marius
Finale Version: A2012
Operating System: Windows

Post by Marius » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:12 pm

Hello,
I have been struggling for weeks to figure out how can I make the naumber of the bars bigger so that the musician who reads the score can see it easily. The same with the number of the page. I have to use a lens or a zoom in order to see the number of the bars and numbers of pages. Nobody in youtube could help. The tutorials did not explain anything about it.
All the musicians I asked about it, they said that they don't know, and said that they don't use Finale anymore, they are all using Sibelius.
So, it seems impossible for me to find out how to do this. Most programs have such an option by clicking the right side of the mouse, the option Resize appears. But not in Finale. I tried to do it in "Edit Enclosure", it made things even worse.

I would be grateful if any of you can help me with an information that works.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Marius

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:34 pm

For the Measure Numbers:
Go to the menu item {Edit Measure Number Regions…} which you can find in the Measure menu (when you are in the Measure Tool), or in the Document menu (when you are in any tool).

By The Way:
It may not be relevant in your current Finale document, but in the Expression Tool there may be another option for Measure Numbers (or perhaps not in your - older - Finale version, 2012):
In the expression category Rehearsal Marks there is the option of displaying measure numbers in rehearsal marks.

For the Page Numbers:
Text Tool. Now you will have handles on all text blocks.
Select a text block with a Page Number.
Text menu > Edit Text…
You get to the window Edit Text.
(You can also get there via the context menu)
In the window Edit Text, select the Page Number, and use the Text menu to adjust the font size..
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996