a way to click and play an entire chord

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

brandenl
Finale Version: 35.5.0.290
Operating System: Windows

Post by brandenl » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:47 pm

So, I use the ctrl + left mouse click all the time to hear a chord played on one staff but is there a way to hear two vertically oriented chords that are on two staffs at the same time? For example: I have the spoprano and alto notes on the upper staff and the tenor and bass notes on the lower staff. If I ctrl click the chord on the lower staff... I only hear the tenor and bass notes. If I ctrl click the soprano and Alto chord I only hear those notes. Is there a way to click and hear the soprano, alto, tenor, and bass notes all at the same time? Thanks.

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:01 pm

Not sure if this will help, but I audit an individual or a combination of parts by having Score Manager open on a second monitor and controlling playback from there. This is not possible with the Mixer. For instance, if I have assigned a Garritan instrument to layer 1, a SmatMusic instrument to layer 2 in the G-clef and a VST plugin in the F-clef of a harpsichord part I can solo any combination of voices. By expanding the instrument in Score Manager and using the Solo or Mute options, it is possible to isolate parts for playback auditing. Maybe this approach will satisfy your needs.