Show notes - and H or O shortcut doesn't work

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

canon7868
Finale Version: 26.3.1.520
Operating System: Windows

Post by canon7868 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:01 pm

Hi,

I'm new to finale. Have to use it because it's install on company computer and they blocked any download of unapproved program...

As a new music teacher at this school, I received the teaching material of my predecessor. He made different tests I really like but would need some changes. I have this system where all the notes are hidden and, even when I select them, will not show when pressing H or O. I tried every possible method I can find on the internet and noting works.

To clarify, the note is in gray like any other hidden note. I can select them, but not make them visible.

Is there an other way to show/hide notes that I don't know?

Thank all of you for the answers!

canon7868

Post by canon7868 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:03 pm

To clarify even further, I am able to hide notes of others staffs by using the H or O shortcut.
There's just this ONE system i need to change that doens't work.

canon7868

Post by canon7868 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:34 pm

After an hour of extensive reaserch, I found the "Define Staff Style..." tool in the staff menu. I was able to delete what used to be a new style for that system and now everything work fine.

If anyone of you have the same problem, go in the staff tool and you will be able to see a dark gray line appear on top of you staff. If you right click on it, you will be able to modify / delete it.

AnneMillington
Finale Version: 27.3.0

Post by AnneMillington » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:49 pm

I'm glad you found the answer to this problem! You must be a very patient person, and thanks for sharing the results of your research.

I have to say that this sounds like the Stuff of Nightmares: to be plopped down in a new job and immediately required to come up to speed with Finale, of all things. Please feel free to reach out to this group, or the Facebook Finale group, for help you might need.

All the best to you!