Help with Sibelius Conversions/Note Performer

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

danhalpernmusic
Finale Version: 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by danhalpernmusic » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:49 am

Hello,

I'm new to Finale and could use some help. I'm trying to convert Sibelius files to Finale and use Note Performer to create sound files of my concert band music. I mostly need help with editing files after converting them and then assigning voices effectively (particularly percussion parts). I could probably figure it out myself but this would take many many hours, whereas someone who is expert at Finale could probably set me straight in about an hour or so.

So.... if anyone lives in the NJ area, or is willing to do a Google Meet, I will gladly treat you to a beverage of your choice (or several :D ) if you would be willing to help me out. I'm a teacher, so I'll be on break next week and have flexibility. I just need someone to point me in the right direction and I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Thanks!
Dan

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:22 pm

Have you tried exporting a document in XML format then opening it in Finale, wherein you can then save it as a *MUSX file? Articulations and expressions get scattered but at least the file is converted, and you can edit the scattered articulations. Back up the document before attempting file conversion.