Layering

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

vineas

Post by vineas » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:58 am

I am arranging a bell piece and I am having trouble with multiple voices. This is my first attempt to utilize Finale. Any help would be great.

vineas

Post by vineas » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:16 am

thanks for all the support I thought this was a place that new users could come and get help but I guess I was wrong. :?

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:57 am

Some general suggestions for forum use:

1. Please include pertinent details in your posts, especially if you are a first time poster. Software version (Finale, Notepad, PrintMusic, etc.) and year (03, 04, 05, 06...) are beneficial. Also, details about your operating system can expedite answers. Consider putting this in your signature line (bottom of your post) to save having to re-enter it each post.

2. Attempt to find answers in the manual and online helps first. Sometimes, you may need to try different words to be successful. Don't be afraid to read whole sections before giving up. The manual, even with its mistakes, has some good information.

3. Try to be specific. Saying "Finale won't open my file," or "Human Playback isn't working" (or "I am having trouble with multiple voices" :wink: ) won't get answers.

4. Specify the steps you've already taken, so that we can rule out things.

5. Try to do a Forum search before asking a question that may have already been answered quite well.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

Richard Ashmore

Post by Richard Ashmore » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:43 pm

[quote="vineas"]I am arranging a bell piece and I am having trouble with multiple voices. This is my first attempt to utilize Finale. Any help would be great.[/quote]

Can you be more specific?

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:55 pm

To get you started :
In the bottom left corner of your Finale window, you can switch layers. There are 4 of them, each one using a different color for display. This allows you to enter in each layer a melody with a different rhythm.
Hope this helps. If you run into more specific problems, post them here.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua