simple barline question using Measure Tool

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

boze

Post by boze » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:19 pm

My lead sheet has a pickup and it's in there and working, but I can't use the Measure Attributes panel or the Measure Tool to get the first complete bar to have double bar lines at the start of the tune.

I've read up in the manual and the buttons for customizing each bar seem straight-forward enough, but no worky.

Oh, and just fyi I'm not using any groups with the Staff Tool or anything like that at this point.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:07 pm

boze wrote:My lead sheet has a pickup and it's in there and working, but I can't use the Measure Attributes panel or the Measure Tool to get the first complete bar to have double bar lines at the start of the tune..
This is usually done with the measure tool.
Double-click the square handle at the end of the measure, the Measure Attributes pops up.
Then select the double bar line for the right bar line.
Last edited by michelp on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

boze

Post by boze » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:05 pm

I guess I wasn't clear.

That's just what I've done (the Measure Tool and the Attributes popup) and it doesn't do anything to the score that I can see.

(these are my least favorite types of problems: where you are clearly doing what you're supposed to be doing but the results aren't as they should be)

thanks tho

boze

Post by boze » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:32 pm

hmm.. the same simple attributes popup is working on this latest tune but i go back to the first one and it still doesn't work. maybe there's some bug whereby the pickup measure is confusing whatever function writes displays the dbl barlines.

i'll post again if i figure out why i'm getting mixed success.

and thanks =)

boze

Post by boze » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:06 am

I think the issue with the dble bar line is the Pickup Measure.

I think the solution is that you need to put a double barline on the _end of the pickup measure and not at the start of the first measure of the A section.

::homestarrunner voice:: "hurray."

skumawiky

Post by skumawiky » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:11 pm

boze wrote:That's just what I've done (the Measure Tool and the Attributes popup) and it doesn't do anything to the score that I can see.
I think i've also this kind of problem. In the measure attributes popup I can modify the shape of the "barline" (right barline of the measure) and see it on the stave.

Unfortunately, when I modify the left barline, i can't see any results on the stave.

Any help???

Thanks
Last edited by skumawiky on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Un tient vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:17 pm

The so called "Left Barline" is the barline at the beginning of the staves - to the left of the clef.

Take a look at
Document Options > Barlines

In the pane Left Barlines, what are your settings?

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

skumawiky

Post by skumawiky » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks Peter, I thought that I could change the left barline inside of the stave. In the document setings for the barline, i've around 0,1 cm for the heavy line thickness and so on for the others. But I get the "left barline", thanks.
Un tient vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras