tempo question - kinda different

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

hermanding

Post by hermanding » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 pm

i didn't include this in the other topic - because it's more on what you can put in an expression.
i was looking at the northernsounds.com site in a forum of people that have put up some of their work where one can listen to the mp3 file or look at the score file. this guy there has a score with metronome markings sorta like me - every few bars ..... AND they actually show at the top with the quarter note. i can't make the quarter note here, so i will use 'q' for the quarter note, OK? he actually has things above the bar like this: 'q=110´ and 'q=140' etc. maybe he isn't using finale - i don't know right now. do you guys/girls know if there is someway in finale to produce that printed marking with the note? if not, the guy must be using some other product. and i wanted to check out all the intelligence here before displaying my ignorance by asking him. :D
ding

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:09 pm

The note symbol in the tempo marking is a matter of using a font that has the note symbol.

Finale's plug-in "Create Tempo Marking" uses the Maestro font.

But there are many other font options.

Instead of the Maestro font I personally prefer to use the font Engraver Text T.
I think Engraver Text T gives beautiful metronome markings, and it's very easy to use.

If you download and install the Sibelius 5 demo, you will also get some interesting, free fonts as well.
Take a look at the Sibelius font Opus Metronome.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996