Does Finale 2007 read MP3's & Create Sheet Music from it

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

poohface

Post by poohface » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm

Hello, I am new to the forums and to the Finale 2007 program and just recently bought this product from Best Buy to compose some Piano Music. I have some of my saved piano songs in MP3 format on my computer, but I was wondering how I can make Finale read the MP3 and convert it into sheet music with notes. I have created all my piano songs from hand so far, but I would like to have a professional looking copy also. So if anybody can tell me how to achieve this it would be greatly appreciated. Thx :D

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:08 am

At this point, transferring an MP3 into Finale notation is not possible.
But if you could have your songs played on a midi keyboard into a sequencer and saved as midi file, Finale would import it.
But there will still work to be done to separate both hands into separate staves. (You could start that process in the sequencer).
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

bandman322

Post by bandman322 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:11 pm

If they created software that would write out software played via MP3 then it would conceivably write out anything that has ever been recorded. I would think this is illegal.
"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie