nonsense characters!

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jazzrat2000

Post by jazzrat2000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:05 am

so sorry to have to ask this... I am a long time, but very infrequent Finale user... and I have had this issue before many years back, I just can't remember how to resolve it... I am using 2005, and when I opened the program last week all the notation was in odd characters, not the jazz font... how do I fix it? TIA! Tim Walters jazzrat2000@hotmail.com
Dr. Tim Walters
Florida Atlantic University
Jazz Rats Big Band
"please put the trumpet down and back away slowly..."

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:51 am

Reinstall the font!

Peter
Finale 2009 and 27/German on Windows 10

iannis

Post by iannis » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:09 pm

jazzrat2000,

It sounds as if the Maestro or Jazz Font has been damaged, removed, or improperly installed. You can reinstall these fonts from your installation disk, or for our downloaded software, go to <http://www.finalemusic.com/> and in our Downloads Library, search for "FontPack." Download and install this file.
However you choose to approach this problem, make sure that before you run the font installation that you temporarily disable any and all antivirus software running on your system, as this software interferes with any program's font installation process typically. Once you're reinstalled the fonts, reboot your computer; this is needed for new fonts to begin displaying, and also will turn your antivirus software back on. If you open your program and the fonts still look strange, quit the software, open your My Computer icon (on your Desktop or in your Start Menu), open drive C:, Windows, Fonts, and double-click on the "Maestro TrueType" font. You should now see notes and symbols. Close this font preview, and your software can now display fonts properly.