Can I skip measure numbers?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Charlie C

Post by Charlie C » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:57 pm

I'm tranposing a part for Bass for a school musical. In the original part, for some reason the measure numbers skip from 58 to 61. I've searched this forum as well as the pdf manual but can not find any answer.

FYI: I'm using Finale 2003 for Windows.
Charlie

PS. This forum is great! This is my first post but I've learned a lot by reading and searching. Maybe I'll eventually be able to answer someone else's question.

EDIT: I'm half way there, well maybe more than half way. I stumbled on to Measure Numbers, Edit Regions (in measure menu) and kind of figured out how to skip numbers (by trial and error). For some reason, it just doesn't show measure 61's number. But all others are there and I can live with that.
Finale 2003 Windows XP

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:33 am

Look, if the region 58 to 61 is defined as a multimeasure rest!
It happens that you have a multimeasure rest and afterwards you enter music in these measures. Finale shows only the first measure and not the others until you break the mulitimeasure rest.

Peter
Finale 2009 and 27/German on Windows 10

Charlie C

Post by Charlie C » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Peter S. wrote:Look, if the region 58 to 61 is defined as a multimeasure rest!
It happens that you have a multimeasure rest and afterwards you enter music in these measures. Finale shows only the first measure and not the others until you break the mulitimeasure rest.

Peter
Thanks for the reply. The only multi measure rest was at measures 1-4. There were no others. I got the same results later in the song where the song skipped from measure 84 to 105. Using my "method", measure 105 was NOT numbered but measures 106 to the end WERE. Go figure??
Finale 2003 Windows XP