To quickly bounce separate audio files

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Bren Gun

Post by Bren Gun » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:18 am

Hey folks. I searched around a bit but I either found no answers or the ones I found were not to my liking.

What I need is to bounce/export separate audio files of the different instruments from a score. If you know about Reason then you know it has an option to bounce audio fast.

EDIT: alright, so the only way to get my separate audio tracks is to bounce them slowly one by one? Okay, check... no problem, I'll make time for it. But what the HELL: the files are not synchronized! When I look in my file manager I see they don't have the exact same sizes! Oh God, what I want is to just have my audio so I can get cracking with mixing/producing the thing already!

I'm using 2007 by the way. Hardly used the damn thing but it was necessary for this project.

Bren Gun

Post by Bren Gun » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Alright, I found this link: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=56230

So from what I see -- when using Finale 2007 in my case -- I will HAVE to edit the audio manually to synchronize it? Is this some kind of sick joke from the Finale creators? A basic thing like having everything in sync, the audio files having the proper sizes, and so on: it's not there??? And this means I MUST take the annoying effort to synchronize it MANUALLY????? ARRRRGH!!!!

iannis

Post by iannis » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:23 pm

Bren-

Finale is a music notation program with playback as a feature. It is not a pro-audio program and does not function well in this regard.

It is possible as the thread from Northern Sounds shows, but it requires a little more effort.