Finale 2008 Percussion....help!!

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

LysiAria

Post by LysiAria » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:16 am

The online instructions tell me all about how to use the Percussion Map, but it won't tell me how to get there. I want to set the Orchestral Snare to play on the main drum line, but all I can get is the dance snare. Could anyone please help me?
"Some people are like Slinkies; utterly unimportant in life, except it's fun to push them down the stairs."

iannis

Post by iannis » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:50 pm

LysiAria-

To get to the Percussion Map click on your Staff Tool and then double-click into the first measure of the staff. This will bring up the Staff Attributes Window.

In the Staff Attributes Window click on the Select Button to the right of Notation Style: Percussion.

This will bring up the Percussion Map Selection Window where you can select the map and edit it.

LysiAria

Post by LysiAria » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:19 am

:( Nothing of the sort appears when I double click into the first measure. I get this:

Staff Attributes For: Snare Drum
Full Staff Name: Snare Drum
Abbr. Staff Name: S. Dr.
Transposition: None

Options: (these are options with check boxes beside them)
Break barlines between bracketed staves
Display Repeat Endings
Hide Staff
Display Measure Numbers
Alternate Notation and then SELECT:

I press Select and I get a choice between Slash notation, Rhythmic notation, One bar repeats, and Normal notation. Clicking these does not bring up the percussion map.
"Some people are like Slinkies; utterly unimportant in life, except it's fun to push them down the stairs."

LysiAria

Post by LysiAria » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:20 am

Oh wait, I have PrintMusic, is it possible that it doesn't have a percussion map?

iannis

Post by iannis » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:50 pm

LysiAria-

This is a limitation of the PrintMusic program - you do not have control over the percussion map.

LysiAria

Post by LysiAria » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Oh, that's too bad. Thank you very much, though! :D