Delete articulations

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Bernhard

Post by Bernhard » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:30 am

It's easy to put an articulation like an accent on all notes of a region by selecting the whole region. But if I want to delete all those accents I have to do it one by one. Or is there another way?

Thanx,
B

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:19 pm

First select the region in the Mass edit tool
Then Mass edit menu
Clear Items...
Only selected items
Entries
Select articulations

PS : It is very easy and convenient when we are in other tools (expression tool or text tool) to just drag a rectangle around all the handles on the screen and press delete (backspace). It would be nice if MakeMusic would implement the same function in the articulation tool as well. In Finale 2003 at least, it is not the case. This an example of an action requesting too many steps in Finale and it could be improved...
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:38 am

This is really better in Fin2004. It is possible to drag a rectangle around all the handles on the screen and press delete (DEL). When you hold the DEL-button and drag the rectangle all articulations in that region will be deleted.

It is also possible to select as many different articulations as you want by holding the shift button and delete them afterwards with one click on DEL.

Peter

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:50 pm

Peter S. wrote:This is really better in Fin2004. It is possible to drag a rectangle around all the handles on the screen and press delete (DEL). When you hold the DEL-button and drag the rectangle all articulations in that region will be deleted.

It is also possible to select as many different articulations as you want by holding the shift button and delete them afterwards with one click on DEL.

Peter
Good news. I should be switching to 2004 soon, so that's an improvement I'll soon benefit from. Thanks Peter for that information.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua