can you please help me to do this TUPLET??

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

irnbru

Post by irnbru » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:51 am

The measure is with the signature 4/4 (Big C)

thank you so much for helping me out as I am beginner!

IRNBRU

jazpak

Post by jazpak » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:03 pm

I've had problems with this too. My solution (not the best, but it works):

Put your first half note in the measure. In the NEXT measure, select the Triplet icon, and place a half note followed by two eighths. This should make a two-beat triplet in the next measure.

Use the MassMover tool, and make sure that "Partial Measures" is selected so you can select this tuplet in the second measure. Grab it, and move it over the half rest in the first measure.

Now, delete the contents of the second measure.

Did it work?

Peter S.
Finale Version: Finale 2009, 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Peter S. » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:03 am

Using speedy entry, enter the first half note then click Ctrl+1, set "3quarters instead of 2 quarters" in the first line, click OK and enter the rest of this measure.

Peter

brian

Post by brian » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:18 pm

enter the first half note chord, select the tuplet tool, enter all three notes as quarter notes, move out of the tuplets (to what would be the next note). return to the tuplets, change the last two quarter notes to eighth notes, change the first quarter note to a half note, then back the the first chord of the measure, put the cursor in between chord notes and tie. I'm sorry, I meant to mention that this is in speedy entry. I have 2000C. Hope this works for you; it works for me.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:41 pm

brian wrote:In speedy entry, enter the first half note chord ,then move to the next note, select the tuplet tool, enter all three notes as quarter notes, move out of the tuplets (to what would be the next note). return to the tuplets, change the last two quarter notes to eighth notes, change the first quarter note to a half note and add the rest of the notes in the chord. Then go back to the the first chord of the measure, put the cursor in between chord notes and tie with the "=" sign. I have 2000C. Hope this works for you; it works for me. How did you get those notes to display in your posting?

brian

Post by brian » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:42 pm

brian wrote:enter the first half note chord, select the tuplet tool, enter all three notes as quarter notes, move out of the tuplets (to what would be the next note). return to the tuplets, change the last two quarter notes to eighth notes, change the first quarter note to a half note, then back the the first chord of the measure, put the cursor in between chord notes and tie. I'm sorry, I meant to mention that this is in speedy entry. I have 2000C. Hope this works for you; it works for me.