Create a blank document with no formatting?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

lrichards

Post by lrichards » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Hello,
I am a music teacher and want to create some simple rhythm worksheets. Also some interval worksheets. All I need is a blank manuscript - no clef, no key sig, no locked measures. I cannot seem to find a way to do this!! All the templates have formatting in them that don't allow me to do what I want. I've been creating these worksheets in my word processor with music symbols from some of the available fonts. Crazy.

Please help!! Thanks and have a stupendous day.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 pm

You can create blank manuscript, but as soon as you start to enter notes, Finale needs to put that into measures, and that requires time signatures, and so forth.

I think the best way for you to create exercises is with the 2-measure and 4-measure example templates, in the education folder.

If you can give us some specific exercises you want to create, I'm sure we can help you learn to set them up.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:57 pm

In the staff attributes window (staff tool, double-click on the staff), under Items to display, you can deselect everything (for barlines, clefs : you decide if you want them or not). Also deselect Options->Display rests in empty measures.
Add measures in the score until you fill the page.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua