Boxes around notes

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Liszter87

Post by Liszter87 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:11 pm

I have been trying to create boxes around existing noteheads. I tried to create my own articulation, but found that the margins of the existing box shape, as part of the Maestro font, were too thick when scaled to the necessary size to include a notehead. I have been using four (4) individual lines, which is time consuming to repeat over and over.

Is it possible to copy and paste a group of four lines (smartshapes)? If not, do you have a suggestion for a solution?

Thanks for the help.
KLK

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Sun May 09, 2010 3:03 am

I haven't tried, it but you should be able to use a rehearsal mark with an enclosure, but with nothing inside the enclosure. If it doesn't work with a space inside, then try using ALT+0160 which is a blank character.

Warren

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sun May 09, 2010 9:46 am

Liszter87 wrote:Is it possible to copy and paste a group of four lines (smartshapes)? If not, do you have a suggestion for a solution?
I think that what Warren suggests may be the quickest solution.
A remark : forget about the "Smart shape" tool for this case. Many things can be done with a more flexible tool : the expression tool->Shape tool. Create a new expression (and select the shape button). Use the create button to create your own shape. You have various lines and shapes at your disposal, and many options in the "Shape designer menu" (group, bring to front, send to back etc...).
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua