Staff order scrambled in page view

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

tss-music
Finale Version: 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by tss-music » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:19 pm

Hi Forum,

I'm formatting a big score for the first time, and I've been experimenting with hiding staves, page size, and magnification. After a few trial-and-error cycles, I'm seeing that the staff ordering in page view has gone all wrong. Thank goodness it's still correct in scroll view, but in page view it's crazy, even when I unhide everything. And it's crazy in different ways on different pages.

I found a thread about something similar from 2017, and taking that advice I tried clearing staff styles, but accomplished nothing. Also, this isn't a problem with importing an old file; it's a piece I wrote using the same Finale version I'm doing the formatting with.

I don't suppose there's a simple way to clear all page and staff formatting and start over?

Thanks all,
Tom

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Fix it with Staff menu/Reorder staves. It's impossible to say what caused it.

tss-music
Finale Version: 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by tss-music » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Thanks motet, that seems to have done the trick. Fortunately, the reorder tool kept a memory of the correct ordering so in the end it was just a simple matter of select all, reorder staves, OK.