Bulk removal of manual slur adjustments?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

miguelrode
Finale Version: 27.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by miguelrode » Thu May 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Hello,

Long time lurker of this forum, from which I've learned a ton - thank you! I'm dealing with an issue now which I haven't found discussed in any threads, so breaking my years-long silence to ask...

I imported a fairly long piece in MusicXML, which included a lot of slurs. Many (most?) of them are upside down on import, though, i.e. on the beam side of the notes. If I select them one by one and click "remove manual slur adjustments", they snap back to their correct placement. However there are hundreds of them, so I'd hope for a bulk setting I could apply to the score to reset them all at once.

Does such a command exist?

Thank you in advance!
MR

mmike
Finale Version: 27.4

Post by mmike » Thu May 26, 2022 8:43 pm

Use the JW Change plug-in - select all measures > Slurs > Reset to Defaults. That should generally do it.
If you don't have the plug-in, you can get it here (64-bit): http://www.finaletips.nu/index.php/down ... ange-v1-07
Finale 3.7 > 27.4.1, GPO5, ASUS laptop, 18.4'' display, Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, WIN 10 Pro, Cubase

miguelrode

Post by miguelrode » Thu May 26, 2022 8:56 pm

Thanks a lot, Mike! I'll look into that plug in.

miguelrode

Post by miguelrode » Sat May 28, 2022 7:01 pm

Coming back to say that this worked like a charm. Thanks, Mike and also for clueing me into the JW Change plug-in. Super powerful!