Some problems with Finale 2008

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

trader_68

Post by trader_68 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:00 am

Hello, i have some problems with my Finale 2008.

1)First i used ctrl + 3 to do a triplet in Speedy entry mode, now the command doesn't responde because it's setted to go to 75% view!!! How can i make the triplet now?

2) When i extract parts from the score, the staff styles i created, they don't appear on the parts and i have to remake these !!!!

Tk very much

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:32 am

trader_68 wrote:2) When i extract parts from the score, the staff styles i created, they don't appear on the parts and i have to remake these !!!!
I have encountered the same problem (Extracting parts as separate files in 2008). Very ennoying. Must be a bug...
And multimeasure rests are also erratic in parts : sometimes they don't get created, sometimes some are there, but hide regions with notes entered !
Just these 2 problems mean that parts are not reliable anymore, they have to be double-checked carefully and some extra work has to be done which was not the case in 2007...
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:59 pm

trader_68 wrote:...1)First i used ctrl + 3 to do a triplet in Speedy entry mode, now the command doesn't responde because it's setted to go to 75% view!!! How can i make the triplet now?...
You can use the number keys on the NumPad, f.x. Ctrl-NumPad3 to create triplets in the Speedy Entry Tool.

If you are using a notebook computer, this is the 3 on the letter L (ctrl-function-L or enable numlock and then use ctrl-L).

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

trader_68

Post by trader_68 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Peter Thomsen wrote:
trader_68 wrote:...1)First i used ctrl + 3 to do a triplet in Speedy entry mode, now the command doesn't responde because it's setted to go to 75% view!!! How can i make the triplet now?...
You can use the number keys on the NumPad, f.x. Ctrl-NumPad3 to create triplets in the Speedy Entry Tool.

If you are using a notebook computer, this is the 3 on the letter L (ctrl-function-L or enable numlock and then use ctrl-L).

Peter
Tk very much Peter!!! With numPad it's ok!!!

Ambro

iannis

Post by iannis » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:04 pm

2) When i extract parts from the score, the staff styles i created, they don't appear on the parts and i have to remake these !!!!
This is a known issue - hopefully fixed when they release an update.
I think I would be checking my parts regardless of this issue - Finale is a great tool for notating music, it still must rely on the user for creating great music notation.