Bizarre problem with Dialogue window

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Gareth Green
Finale Version: Finale 26.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by Gareth Green » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am

OK, so has anyone else experienced this kind of thing, and does anyone have a solution, please?

I've been using the TGTools "Align Dynamics/Hairpins" plug-in, quite a lot recently. (This is the "lite" version that ships with Fin25, not the full download version). Over a period of time, I noticed that each time I launched it, the dialogue window appeared lower and lower in the main window. It didn't concern me, and each time I dragged it higher. On several occasions I was using only the "Align to Lowest element" option, and so I had nothing to alter in the dialogue, so I just hit "enter" instead of clicking "Go". On each occasion the window appeared lower and lower in the screen, until, without me noticing, it appeared so low that I was unable to close it without dragging it back up. All of a sudden, I launched the plug-in, only to find that the dialogue window hasn't appeared at all. It seems to have dropped off the bottom of the screen! I know the plug-in is open, because if I highlight some measures with mis-aligned dynamics, and hit enter, the dynamics (and any hairpins) snap to the lowest element, which is the option I last used. But I now can't select any other options, nor can I close the dialogue, and now if I try to close Finale after applying the plug-in, Finale crashes, presumably because it has a problem with this dialogue being open. (If I launch Finale and execute a few operations without invoking the plug-in, it closes normally).

Any ideas, please? I really don't know what to do, because I can't find a way of accessing this dialogue window.

TIA,

Gareth
Gareth J. Green
FIn26
Win10

Gareth Green

Post by Gareth Green » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:24 am

OK: Update:

I fixed the problem temporarily by rotating the display through 90 degrees so the window became much taller (sideways!) and the "Align Dynamics" dialogue became visible again, and I was able to drag it back up (across! - operating a mouse is challenging is this environment!)

It still seems to want to drop lower in the window each time it is opened. Still curious to know if anyone else has come across this issue.
Gareth J. Green
FIn26
Win10

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Just a guess-

TG Tools has a preferences file. I don't use Windows and I'm guessing it's in the same location as the Finale preferences. If you can find it, trash it and restart Finale. Any difference?

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

Gareth Green

Post by Gareth Green » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Good idea in theory; not having any luck locating the preferences file, however ...
Gareth J. Green
FIn26
Win10

jwink
Finale Version: 27.2

Post by jwink » Thu May 30, 2019 7:57 am

For what it's worth, I'm also getting this bizarre behavior with Align/Move light on Finale 26.1