More unwanted respacing

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:34 pm

I guess I don't understand the problem. Indeed, respacing this file seems to fix it. When are you running into trouble?

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:20 pm

I am not understanding the problem fully. I think for us to see what the file should look like is probably a screen capture, a pdf, and the Finale file (which we already have). I have all automatic setting on so I am not sure what I should be seeing. The Youtube video was hard to follow.

By the way, I have Incorporate Manual Spacing selected for most documents I do. That is more for note placement that needs to be fine tuned. Spacing for unisons and seconds over-rides that, so I have ways of dealing with that for those places, if needed (some times unchecking for Spacing being an option for an individual note)

As far as barlines maintaining their placement, Jari has a Note Spacing plugin that allows for keeping barlines as-is when applying Spacing. That might be an additional tool to consider.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."