FinaleScript Greyed out

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

wonder
Finale Version: v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by wonder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm

I just started using FinaleScript and created some keyboard shortcuts. What a great time saver.

I've noticed that sometimes its available and sometimes not.

When in Page View, all the FinaleScript menu items are most often greyed out and therefore unavailable. I'll switch to Scroll View and sometimes they're available and sometimes not.

What's the reason the FinaleScript Items are greyed out? I can't figure it out.

Thanks
Finale v26, Digital Performer 9, ProTools 12. Mac.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:49 pm

Perhaps you're experience a difference between parts and score. Some plug-ins are disabled in parts. You can sometimes get around this by opening the FinaleScript palette in the score and then switching to the part.

wonder
Finale Version: v26

Post by wonder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:02 pm

ah...so FinaleScript is obsolete when editing a part? That seems a bit odd.

When I'm in scroll view editing a part (not the score), FinaleScript works. When I switch to Page View editing the part, FinaleScript doesnt work. Then I go back to Scroll View and its all of a sudden greyed out again. So there really is no hard and fast "rule" according to this test I just did.
Finale v26, Digital Performer 9, ProTools 12. Mac.

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:37 pm

wonder wrote:When I'm in scroll view editing a part (not the score), FinaleScript works.
I don't find this to be the case. For me, Finale Script doesn't work in parts at all, scroll or page view. In fact, 98% of the Make Music plugins do not work in parts, only the score. Score divider and Alpha Notes seem to be the only 2 that work in parts.

It's funny that all of the third party plugins (Patterson, TG Tools, JW) work in scroll or page view. I don't use linked parts, so can't really vouch for their performance in parts.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3