Finale Requiring Serial Number When I just Got Free Trial

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Amoc910
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by Amoc910 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 am

Hey everyone! I signed up for the free trial of finale about an hour ago and started writing. I have never used Finale before or signed up - and I tried to save my progress and it's coming up with a block saying "Saving and Printing Have been disabled because your authorization period has expired. Please authorize Finale to re-enable features." Their website says that this should happen after 30 days, and its literally only been one hour! Has anyone else encountered this? I'm a college student so can't exactly afford to drop the funds on Finale or Sibelius and I was hoping to at least get a trial off Finale before I decided if I should purchase or not, but if their software is this bad then I may reconsider :/
Last edited by Amoc910 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 am

Is it possible you may have downloaded a trial sometime in the past?

In any case, you should contact them through the Submit a Request link on the other Finale forum.

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Amoc910
Finale Version: 25

Post by Amoc910 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:15 am

I have already tried to submit a request but since I was trying the free trial I have no Serial Code and am not allowed to send them a request.
I definitely haven't downloaded Finale before - I only heard about the program from my professor a couple weeks ago. I only ever used Sibelius in grammar school.

David Ward
Finale Version: F 25.5 & 26.3

Post by David Ward » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 am

Amoc910 wrote:… … I only heard about the program from my professor a couple weeks ago. I only ever used Sibelius in grammar school.
Can you ask your professor, assuming he/she uses Finale, to submit an official request on your behalf (via the link provided by MikeR) in order to get to the bottom of this? This definitely does not normally happen, so it may possibly be be something in your set-up rather than in the software itself.
Finale 25.5 & 26.3
Mac 10.13.6 & 10.14.6