Midi setup

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X
Operating System: Mac

Post by Capricorn » Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 am

I just bought a new Mac 10.13.3 and I'm trying to run my Finale 2009 on it. It seems to work except I'm having trouble hooking my midi device, a quadrasynth going through Midisport 2x2. I tried to set it up the way is was in my Maverick but I'm wondering if the Midisport isn't getting power from the new computer. There used to be a green light that was on all the time but it sin't now. It used to have the words EXTERNAL DEVICE and MIDISPORT 2X2 in normal print but now it's the words are italic.
Capricorn

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri May 04, 2018 5:15 am

2009 is not supported in 10.13. I’m surprised that it even opens. You should upgrade to Finale25.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

HaraldS
Finale Version: 25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by HaraldS » Fri May 04, 2018 6:44 am

miker wrote:2009 is not supported in 10.13. I’m surprised that it even opens. You should upgrade to Finale25.
Although this is an important issue, I suspect that the problem lies prior to that due to the missing "green light".

Is it this device? If the missing green light is the "USB" indication LED, try other USB ports or even another computer and see if that changes anything. Make sure you use the latest driver from this page.

Harald
Finale 3.0-25.5, German edition, Windows 7
trombonist, pianist, conductor / Recklinghausen, Germany

Capricorn

Post by Capricorn » Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 pm

I fixed it!! I have another synth which is still old but not as old as the one using the Midiman 2X2 so I took the adapter (or whatever it is that connects the synth to the computer) from the other synth and hooked it up to my new High Sierra and it works great! I don't know why this is happening except I used migration to take everything off the old computer so maybe whatever made Finale 2009 work on the old one got migrated onto the new one. I also hooked up my Midiman 2X2 on the other computer running Maverick and it works. I'm happy!
Capricorn

Capricorn

Post by Capricorn » Sat May 05, 2018 12:24 am

I spoke too soon. I thought everything was working but I discovered I can't put in eighth notes. They start as eighth notes and act like eighth notes but look like quarter notes. Everything else was normal. I tried trashing the preferences but that didn't help at all. Darn!!!
Capricorn