Multiple monitors issue

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

muon
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by muon » Tue May 22, 2018 10:20 pm

I am currently using multiple monitors to work with Finale 25 and there are many tool windows (ScoreManager, Playback Controls, Audio Unit Viewer, Mixer, and so on) which I want to keep them on secondary monitors. The problem is if I work with other application and come back to Finale, then all tool windows move back to the primary monitor. It is a real pain and I would like to know if there is a way to keep all tool windows on secondary monitors.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Wed May 23, 2018 10:04 am

I also use 2 monitors, and I experience the same problem. Saving preferences doesn't help. Even when the monitors go to sleep, many tool windows won't stay in their position. The worse window is the Playback Controls, which always jumps to the top of the monitor. Each time I open Finale, if the tool windows are at their position (sometimes !), the Playback window has a tendency to move upwards a little.
I have complained about this to the Tech support, and they couldn't solve the problem...
(Finale 25.5, MacOs 10.11.6)
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua