Part bar alternate notation

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Loxford
Finale Version: 25.5.0.289
Operating System: Mac

Post by Loxford » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Finale 25
Mac

I've just upgraded to 25. In this version I am no longer able to select part bars and apply alternate notation while including specific notes for the rest of the bar.
In Finale 2014, this was straightforward. For example : Selecting the Staff tool drag selecting part of the bar and slashes would appear leaving the rest if the bar editable with notes.

Looking at the new manual there appears to be a convoluted way of using layers to achieve something like this but it is time consuming when you are working on a large scale detailed bug band chart.

Am I missing something?
Something in the prefs that has defaulted on the upgrade?

Thx

G

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:55 pm

AFAIK, nothing has changed in Finale 25.
Staff tool. Select a partial measure (click outside the staff, hold the mouse button and drag inside the staff, then release the button).
Apply the staff style to the selection (via the staff menu or via a shortcut : S for slashes, etc...).
If your staff styles are the ones included by default (and not modified), this should work.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Loxford
Finale Version: 25.5.0.289

Post by Loxford » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Thx for that.
I've just had a reply from the support team much along the same lines.
They've provided a few suggestions and will investigate further.

Regards
G