Change lyric/text default fonts

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jerrynazard
Finale Version: 25.3.0.276
Operating System: Windows

Post by jerrynazard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 pm

How does one change default lyric/text fonts in version 25.5 Windows? Going to Documents>Options>Fonts only changes settings for current session.
Many thanks! -Jerry

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

jerrynazard wrote:How does one change default lyric/text fonts in version 25.5 Windows? Going to Documents>Options>Fonts only changes settings for current session …
I suppose that you by your words “Going to Documents>Options>Fonts only changes settings for current session” mean “Going to Documents>Options>Fonts only changes settings for current document”, right?
That is the way it is:
The default lyric/text fonts are document specific (= default for that document only).

And that is what users have requested: the option of having different defaults in different documents.

What, exactly, is the problem?
We may be able to suggest a solution.
The better we understand, the better we can help.

To make sure that all new documents have some specific settings, create a template with the desired settings, and use that template when creating new documents.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

jerrynazard
Finale Version: 25.3.0.276

Post by jerrynazard » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

OK, now I understand. Thanks.....

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Go to Plugins > Miscellaneous > Change Fonts. You can change the font for existing Lyrics there. You can also change the Text Block fonts there, but you'll get only one size, which might affect the title sizing. To change the Text blocks, go to Edit > Text Search and Replace and specify the font name only, not the size.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

Simon_Furey
Finale Version: Finale 27

Post by Simon_Furey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 am

From what you say, it sounds like you are not using templates. I use my own templates all the time, because they retain the font settings I want to use. You can either create your own template from scratch or modify an existing standard template to use the default fonts you need, remembering to save it as your own template.
Hope this helps.
Simon