Another F26 announcement

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Anders Hedelin
Finale Version: Finale 26, 27.4.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by Anders Hedelin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:09 am

As Miker said on another forum, this will of course be useful to many. For me it's not, but congratulations anyway!
I'm no programmer myself but can't help thinking that this was no big job for the programmers of MM. So, when are we to see the big improvements to our, as yet, indispensable work tool?
I'm not being critical for the fun of it, mind.
Finale 26.3, 27.4.1
Windows 10

Vaughan
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by Vaughan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:31 am

I have the same comment as with the last announcement about the improved expressions library: these are things that should have been done properly from the beginning and which experienced users will have already done for themselves painstakingly. And I agree with Anders: these last two announced improvements would hardly seem to be earth-shattering acheivements from a programmer’s point of view. While I can imagine that the improvements displayed in the first two announcements were more difficult (stacking articulations and slur collision avoidance) and while I’m grateful for them, those features have already been available for years in Sibelius and in Dorico since its beginning only two years ago. I’m still hoping that MM’s saving the best for the last...
Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 26, Sibelius 4 - 7, Dorico 2.2
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Jari's plugins
MacOS 10.14.2
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2018) 16 GB

Amsterdam