Colour text

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:37 am

Hi all,

I typed up a title page in Finale for the first page of my score, using the text tool. Is it possible to choose a colour for the text so that it will print out in colour?

Failing that, does anyone know if there is such a thing as A3 size, circa 300gsm gloss paper in a few different colours? I am having trouble finding such a product.
Thanks,
Hector.

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 am

Finale doesn't print selected text in colors. Seeing as you use a Mac, you already have the "Pages" application. You could use that for the title page and have full control over colored text. Just save the title page as a PDF and append it to the PDF of your score using the Preview application. So far as the colored paper, ask your paper seller what's available. If you buy paper online, this might be more difficult but see if they have a sales department you can email.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Hector Pascal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 pm

That Pages app on my Mac looks like it will do the trick, I am enjoying testing it out. Good looking results and easy to use. Thanks for reminding me, N!
HP.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:22 am

Hector Pascal wrote:That Pages app on my Mac looks like it will do the trick, I am enjoying testing it out. Good looking results and easy to use. Thanks for reminding me, N!
HP.
Pages has a few limitations, but it works for me. Of course, I also have a few limitations...
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society