Abbreviated staves' names instead of cue notes

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jirikad
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by jirikad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Hello,

Is there a way how to insert grouped abbreviated names of selected staves (instead of typing them each time)? I use proportional notation and need such markings to be added to vertical arrows (conductor’s cues) above the staff in the parts - see the attached picture. Standard cue notes plugins don’t work as they allow only one staff as a source... Maybe a plugin I don't know?

Thank you in advance!

Jiri

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:10 pm

What's wrong with the example you pictured? The instruments listed above each arrow should be entered as Expressions. You only have to type each one once. Going forward from this spot in the music, just use the already created expressions.

I'm probably misunderstanding, so please bear with me.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

jirikad
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by jirikad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Well, those markings actually change from part to part (altogether 39 parts) and from bar to bar (altogether 272 bars) so no reuse of created expressions. I just thought there should be a way how to do that automatically - perhaps simply based on currently selected staves. Just like cue notes plugins or text inserts (Text - Inserts - Part/Score name). The picture only shows the desired result.