Measure Numbers not showing on double bar lines

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

wonder
Finale Version: v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by wonder » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:09 am

I just upgraded to v26.

I have my measure bars setup to where if I add a Double Barline in measure 3's right bar line, measure 4's left bar-line defaults to a double bar line.

I'm noticing there are no measure numbers on any measure where there's a double bar line on the left bar line.

I have checked ALL my options/prefs/settings and can't figure this out. Is this a new feature/setting within v26 that I'm unaware of? What am i missing?

here's a screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/WPm2MKE
Finale v26, Digital Performer 9, ProTools 12. Mac.

wonder

Post by wonder » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 am

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:18 am

From what I see in your picture, you have rehearsal markings at those bars. I think you are assuming it is the double bar line that is suppressing the measure numbers. It's actually the definition of the rehearsal mark expression, I believe. There is a checkbox to hide the measure number for that bar. Just uncheck that in the definition.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

wonder

Post by wonder » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 am

zuill wrote:From what I see in your picture, you have rehearsal markings at those bars. I think you are assuming it is the double bar line that is suppressing the measure numbers. It's actually the definition of the rehearsal mark expression, I believe. There is a checkbox to hide the measure number for that bar. Just uncheck that in the definition.

Zuill

Zuill...that did it!

I never used the Finale Auto-Sequenced rehearsal marks before v26 and didn't even know that was an option to hide measure numbers for that expression.

thanks a lot.