v26 Horizontal Scroll Doesn't Work with Scroll Ball

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

wonder
Finale Version: v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by wonder » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 pm

I use a kensington expert mouse.

I just installed v26 on my studio computer and the horizontal scroll doesn't work with the scroll wheel.

All other OS X apps work fine but not Finale.

I have tried to reset all preferences but that didn't help.

Anyone else have this issue?
Finale v26, Digital Performer 9, ProTools 12. Mac.

wonder

Post by wonder » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm

update: horizontal scroll works in PAGE view but not in SCROLL view.

wonder

Post by wonder » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 pm

from Finale Tech Supports

"Thanks for contacting MakeMusic Customer Success. It is unfortunate to hear that you are encountering this issue. This is something that we are aware that Mac users are seeing when using a mouse that is not an Apple manufactured mouse. Hopefully we can provide a permanent fix for this soon but, in the meantime, the best work around that I can provide is to use the COMMAND+SHIFT+G shortcut. This will open the Go to Measure dialog window and you can enter in the measure you want to get to directly. I know that this is not the most ideal solution but, while we continue to work on this issue, this is the best option that I can offer."

encephalon
Finale Version: 26.1

Post by encephalon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:58 am

Yikes. I'm glad I read this. I, too, use an expert mouse and it's an integral part of my workflow. F26 is not new-feature-equipped enough for me so this alone is enough to delay upgrading indefinitely.
encephalon
San Francisco, CA
Finale 26.1
macOS Mojave

encephalon
Finale Version: 26.1

Post by encephalon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 am

For what it's worth, now that the scrolling is fixed I'm trying the demo through the Christmas concert season then I'll buy it. I have to say that the new articulation/slur collision feature is very nice.

I also appreciate the expanded expressions. However, I chuckled when I discovered that they went to the trouble to include subito piano (which I'm sure we all created for our templates many years ago), but didn't think to include subito forte. ;-)

I'm pretty meh on the chord features—the whole system could be revamped to work like Dorico's chord implementation—but it doesn't really affect my existing workflow.
encephalon
San Francisco, CA
Finale 26.1
macOS Mojave