Screen redraw

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:57 am

I have a file which I made possibly 3 years ago, and I duplicated it and started working on it in Fin 25. Everything is going fine, except that on certain pages, as soon as I click on anything, the page goes blank and I have to press Cmd-D to make it re-appear. Seems to happen only in Page View, it's ok in scroll view.

Hector Pascal.

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 am

Try Update Layout as well—Cmd-U.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

iSymphony
Finale Version: 25

Post by iSymphony » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:29 pm

I am having the exact same problem in Finale 25. It didn't start immediately, but recently the same file has been doing what you describe. Nothing fixes it. It's obviously some sort of program glitch if both of us are experiencing it. Extremely problematic. Of someone has a real fix, please let us know!

UPDATE: verified...it is a Finale glitch. User named SMS posted this in a related thread:

"Heard back from MM support- see below-

"Please know that this behavior is a known issue that is caused by the presence of grace note tuplets on the page. I have used Finale's Frame Edit tool to remove the tuplet designation from the attached copy of your document - could you please download that file to your desktop, then open it in Finale and let me know if it displays correctly?"

-it does.... sometimes just finding out you're not crazy can really brighten your day."

Unfortunately, that does NOT brighten my day, as I still need the grace notes on the score!!!

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Do you have tupletized grace notes in the score? I might be wrong, but tuplet notation in grace notes is not used in straightforward real world notation. Groups of 2, 3 or 4 grace notes are usually notated as beamed 16ths; single grace notes have a single flag. Getting rid of the tuplet notation might help (?)
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3