Measure numbers house style?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

DigitalMusicArt
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by DigitalMusicArt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:41 pm

I have a particular style of measure numbers that I want to use for particular client. It's just a combination of font, font size, prefix, suffix, and options about how often to show a region.

I've set up a file to use as a template, that I import music XML files into from pieces created by others. When I do so, the existing measure number regions are deleted and those 'styles' become unavailable to 'clone' – 'add' works a bit like 'clone', right, it adds another of the type selected.

In other words, to create my preferred measure number "look" i have to recreate it from the ground up, re-choosing all the same fonts and options ... in dozens of different files!

What I really feel I need is a measure number style library! But there isn't one.

What am I missing? Or do I have to manually recreate the style from scratch every time?

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Try making a "Document Options" library from your template and import that into one of your files. That likely won't work but is worth a try.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

Vaughan
Finale Version: Finale 25

Post by Vaughan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 pm

When you import XML files, Finale will use your default file as a template. You can let this happen and then copy (actually insert) these notes into a blank file with your measure numbers set up. Finale shouldn't change them.
Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 26, Sibelius 4 - 7, Dorico 2.2
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Jari's plugins
MacOS 10.14.2
MacPro (2016) 16 GB, MacBookPro (2018) 16 GB

Amsterdam