even spacing

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Slavicek
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Slavicek » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:07 pm

I have a problem with two identical staves consisting of a single bar with completely identical content in Finale 2014, Windows OS (I enclose the screenshot). The spacing of the upper one is moved a bit to the right, whereas the lower one looks okay. I can't figure out what seems to be the issue and I would like to avoid moving the notes manually. Needless to say, clicking on random notes which usually triggers auto space doesn't work. There is no hidden time signature or anything, it's just random capture from the score, one bar after another. The goal is to have two identical spacings.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance and I wish you all very happy holidays :)

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Perhaps there's extra space at the beginning of the bar. Double click on the measure with the Measure tool.

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Slavicek wrote:Needless to say, clicking on random notes which usually triggers auto space doesn't work.
If you don't want to trigger auto spacing, turn it off in Preferences > Edit. Better yet, only use auto spacing for note entry. Turn it off after entry and space the music manually whenever you need to (select > press 4).

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3