Copied/pasted staff styles in score to parts

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Alvabass
Finale Version: Finale 25.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by Alvabass » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi. Thank you in advance for reading. This is something that has bugged me from a long time and haven't been able to find an answer: If I copy and paste a staff style in the score instead of using the staff tool to apply it, it will we correctly pasted in the score but it won't appear in the instrument's part. If I want to make sure that all staff styles will appear in the parts, I must forget about the copy/paste option to do this. The edit filter has nothing to do with this situation as far as I've been able to see. I appreciate your assistance. Thank you again!

HaraldS
Finale Version: 25.5

Post by HaraldS » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Did you already see and try Christopher Smith's advice from here?:
Christopher Smith wrote:This is a very old bug, dating back to the first version of Finale that had linked parts, 2007.

In the score, select the Staff Tool. Select All (command A on my Mac, probably control A on a PC). From the Staff Menu select "Use selected staff styles for parts and score". You will probably have to create multi measure rests in all parts after doing this, which you can do in one operation.

I suggest doing this after you have finished formatting the score, and just BEFORE you start to format parts. There may be some Staff Styles that you want in the parts and not in the score, and my proposed solution will erase those unless you do things in the correct order.
Finale 3.0-25.5, German edition, Windows 7
trombonist, pianist, conductor / Recklinghausen, Germany

Alvabass
Finale Version: Finale 25.2

Post by Alvabass » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:23 pm

HaraldS wrote:Did you already see and try Christopher Smith's advice from here?:
Christopher Smith wrote:This is a very old bug, dating back to the first version of Finale that had linked parts, 2007.

In the score, select the Staff Tool. Select All (command A on my Mac, probably control A on a PC). From the Staff Menu select "Use selected staff styles for parts and score". You will probably have to create multi measure rests in all parts after doing this, which you can do in one operation.

I suggest doing this after you have finished formatting the score, and just BEFORE you start to format parts. There may be some Staff Styles that you want in the parts and not in the score, and my proposed solution will erase those unless you do things in the correct order.
No, I didn't. I will try it next time. Thanks a lot!