Greek fonts issue

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

katherinex
Finale Version: finale 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by katherinex » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:10 am

Finale Version 25 Mac

I have recently updated from finale 2014 for mac and with version 25 I can no longer write lyrics using greek fonts. When I try to do this and need to add a greek apostrophi (accent used in greek which is the semicolon key on keyboard) finale closes and I need to restart it.

Any ideas what could be triggering this? I've tried arial font, times new roman and afew other fonts but it still does this when it comes time to press the semicolon key and then the letter I need to add the accent.

Thanks

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:28 pm

I chose the Greek keyboard layout, and the Finale Lyrics font. I was able to enter the character from the semicolon key, but I have no idea if this is how it's supposed to work. Is it entered alone, or is it a combining glyph where it should go over a character?

Edit: After playing around, it appears that it is a combining character, only appearing over some characters! So then, I tried a couple of characters with the "long press" method. For example, holding down the A (alpha) key brings up an alpha with an accent mark above it. Typing the number 1 inserts the character.

In the screen shot, I show the alpha, the semicolon+alpha, and the long press>1 character. They all worked in F25.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

katherinex
Finale Version: finale 25

Post by katherinex » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks for trying this out. It must be an issue with my macbook touch and finale25. Finale 2014 is working fine.
Every time I try to type in greek and press the semicolon to add an accent on a letter finale shuts down.

I don't know what it could be.
Thanks for trying it out. I will continue to look into it.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:47 pm

You might want to log into your Finale account, and submit it to Tech Support.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society