Setting Up MIDI System on Windows 10

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

D1rtybr41n
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by D1rtybr41n » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:22 am

Hello to everyone. I've two questions. I want to setting up my MIDI Korg Krome System (like a MIDI Controller output) to Finale 2014 for windows 10, using my Scarlett 18i 20 MIDI Interface input. Actually I'm using my MIDI cable (not USB) from Workstation to the Focusrite The thing is that finale is not recognizing my keyboard as a MIDI Controller. For figure out, I'm going on finale to the rute:

"MIDI/Audio: Checking that "Play Finale through MIDI" is marked, then "Device Setup" & over to
"MIDI/Internal Speaker Setup", but unfortunately the last one rute it's not longer appear.

NOTE: It may be that this option is not available for windows but it's the only way that I know to configure MIDI

So ... I'm very confused, because I've already checked all my hardware connections. I'm not sure, for example, if it's some configuration that has not been done correctly or that MakeMusic is not correctly recognizing my 18i20. In any case I think it's convenient to ask all of you, Finale & Krome users, to solve this situation. I wonder if it's necessary to set the "MIDI BASIC or MIDI ROUTING" in Krome before connecting the Focus. If I missed a step, please let me know.

On the other hand, in some cases I turn on and connect my interface without having started on finale. When the program is running an automatic Pop-up window appears & textually says:

"Audio Engine Error - Finale's audio engine failed to load. Please restart Finale. Error Code: 7"

Does anyone know why it happens? To solve it quickly, I turn off the interface, close and open again the makemusic, waiting for it to load and then turn on the scarlett again. It always works, but I have not discovered the problem yet.

Thanks for your time & future answers, dear friends.

Sincerely,

Andrés P.
Last edited by D1rtybr41n on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:25 pm

I couldn't get MIDI output to work on Windows 10, though I don't know its the same problem as yours. The MM support people were clueless.