Redraw issues abound F26.1

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Mortilla
Finale Version: 2014.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by Mortilla » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:15 am

In particular the articulation tool is problematic. If i switch to that tool it will sometimes not switch the cursor from the last tool and clicking on anything reverts to the selection tool.

Toggling cmd d to redraw, and even cmd e to toggle to scroll mode doesn't help (I'm almost always ion page mode). The current articulations do show their handles and sometimes clicking on them will force the tool to work correctly. Most often, not.

Additionally, when mass deleting measures expressions will not disappear until I hit cmd d and even in speedy entry notes I entered will not appear when leaving the measure and a redraw is necessary to see the edit.

This is new to F26 and may have been in F25 but I abandoned that version as the movie window was useless. I've figured out a workflow that I can use (moving between my DAW with a temp score for reference only - not trying the lame Rewire BS which is a disaster.

Anyway, any ideas on how one might fix this (yeah, I'm talking to you MM) is welcome.

Thanks.

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:16 pm

You might have done this already, but it seems to me the first thing to try would be to check and if necessary replace the Preference file. I might be wrong, but it seems to me, having read these Finale forums a lot, that Preferences can sometimes go bad immediately or soon after installing an upgrade.

Do it the way Make Music suggests, where you can restore the Preferences if they check out OK:
https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... inale-etc-

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3