Floating 'ossias'

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

michael graubart

Post by michael graubart » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 pm

MG Flute Quartet score being edited, to 148 - Viola.musx
MG Flute Quartet score being edited, to 148.musx
Finale 26, MacOS 10.14.4

Further to my previous cri de coeur, I have somehow managed to extract the viola part from the attached quartet score, though I am not sure how I did it and should be grateful for enlightenment. But at measure 78 I have floating ossias in the viola and 'cello parts. In the extracted viola part (unedited so far), they appear as empty staves. Is there any way in which they can be made to appear with their content? I realize that in the score I should have attached each ossia to its own main part, but I can probably fix that and extract the parts again.
Michael Graubart.

OCTO
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by OCTO » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:00 am

What is the question?
www.notat.io - A Forum devoted to the Practice of Music Notation

michael graubart

Post by michael graubart » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am

The question was: I have ossias for viola and 'cellol in my score. When I extracted the parts, the ossias were shown as empty measures in the separate parts. Why? And what can I do about it?

What I did as a practical way of creating usable parts was to delete the empty measures in the parts and to recreate the ossias in each part itsel. But for future occasion, it would be good to know how to have ossias placed in a score appear in extracted parts. Maybe avoiding the Ossias tool and using one of the two alternative methods suggested in this string might solve the problem, but I have not had time to checkt.
Michael Graubart.