Anyone please willing to share the old AshMusic font family?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

partridgelover
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by partridgelover » Wed May 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Hey everyone. So in my school's jazz band, we use Hal Leonard charts. I've always liked the look of their scores, and after an extensive search, I have realized that the now-defunct AshMusic, LeeMusic, and RussMusic fonts are integral to the design. Though I would be totally willing to pay for the fontset (despite being a poor student :D ), the seller is not around anymore! If anyone would please be willing to share these old fonts with me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Finale 25
Windows

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Thu May 09, 2019 11:18 am

I hope you're able to get copies of these fonts. They're some of the nicest hand copied fonts out there. Be aware of the fact that they were withdrawn from sale some 10-12 years ago because they stopped working in the latest Finale versions (2006 or so). The people who sold them were not willing or able to recompile the fonts to be usable with Finale. It can still be done, but takes someone with the necessary font expertise.

Hal Leonard uses a modified and recompiled version of the Ash font. It is their property and would be impossible to lay your hands on.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3