Problems with printing Score

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Lebovitztap1
Finale Version: Finale
Operating System: Windows

Post by Lebovitztap1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:51 pm

Today I went to the Printshop to print out a copy of my new Orchestra with 11/17 paper to see what it looked like.

INFORMATION

1. The piece is for Full Orchestra with Choir. 31 Staves.

2, I hid staves that were not being used. Combined Flute 1,2 on one stave the same with other instruments.

3. I am using a PDF

4. 14 - 18 measures across.

On paper, it is too small. You would have to strain to read this. Everything looks small. QUESTION; How do I deal with this and make it look acceptable to give to a conductor.

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Lebovitztap1 wrote:3. I am using a PDF
What does the size of the score page look like on the PDF? I'm guessing it is very small because the PDF prints out that way.

What is the page size of the score in the Finale file? Is it 11x17 or some other size? If you need to, change it to 11x17 and use the resize tool (%) to make the page larger if you need to, to fit the 11x17 page.

It's hard to tell what the problem is without seeing the actual Finale file. If you could attach a one page sample here, you might get some educated help.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3