Room for Lyrics - Lead Sheet

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

konradh
Finale Version: PrintMusic 2014a.v85
Operating System: Windows

Post by konradh » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:34 pm

I learned how to changed the number of systems (staves) per page, and how to drag down the baseline for the lyrics so there would be room for words underneath low notes. Problem: The last stave is always too close to the bottom of the page.

I see that there is a choice to space the staves evenly, but what I really want is the same amount of space under each one.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:55 pm

What you want to do is, in the Page Layout Tool, adjust the margins around the systems. I often make the lower margin on the staves at the bottom of the pages be a little lower than the others. I usually do this as one of the last steps, after I lock measures and make sure which systems will actually be on the bottom of the pages.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

konradh
Finale Version: PrintMusic 2014a.v85

Post by konradh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks very much for the help!

I use Finale sporadically--mostly when I need to get something off to a certain publisher or when a singer needs a lead sheet instead of a track--so I never really get skilled at the tool. (I know how to write music by hand, but ugh--what a pain.) I will devote this weekend to getting more proficient.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

--Konrad