JW accidental crashes Finale 26

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Juraj Bartos
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by Juraj Bartos » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Hello,
I experience a crash when I try to change the profile in JW Accidentals plug-in.
Does anybody have the same problem?
Thanks for your time.
Juraj.
MB Pro 15, Retina 2015, 1TB SSD, 16 GB RAM Mac OS X 10.14.5
Finale 26, Korg MicroKey 37, JW plugins, Patterson plugins, TGTools
Keyboard Maestro
Finale 27.3, Perfect Layout Gold, JW Plugins, Patterson Plugins, TGTools, Mac OS 13.1

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:22 pm

I don't remember if it was that one specifically, but I have had JW plug-ins crash Finale occasionally. He would probably appreciate an error report (I'm not sure how to do that, though).

Juraj Bartos

Post by Juraj Bartos » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Thank you for your answer.
I already sent one report in April, no answer, I have just sent another one now, so we will see.

I actually used the original plugin implemented in Finale (Cautionary Accidentals...) without any problems, until it started to show parenthesises on altered notes without having any parenthesises checked in dialog box...

There might be somebody who knows any solution to this, then I do not need to use JW Accidentals...
Last edited by Juraj Bartos on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Finale 27.3, Perfect Layout Gold, JW Plugins, Patterson Plugins, TGTools, Mac OS 13.1

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Juraj Bartos wrote:I already sent one report in April, no answer, I have just sent another one now, so we will see.
Don't expect an answer from Jari. He has been pretty good about fixes, but "all in good time". The plugins are free, after all. I made a considerable monetary offering to Jari because I use the plugins to make money. I'm guessing most of his downloads go to schnorrers (d@^n them), so where is the encouragement to stay on top of things?

You'd best go to his website every so often to check for updates.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

Juraj Bartos

Post by Juraj Bartos » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 am

Thank you for your info, N Grossingink.

Is tehre anybody who after splication of Finale's native Cautionary accidentals gets all accidentals (already in score, not created by plugin) in parenthesises?
The problem is, that none of the option in Cautionary Accidentals... dialog box has Parenthesises unchecked...

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:24 pm

I've never had a problem with the MakeMusic plug-in, though I only have Finale 2014.5. I'm attach a screen shot of the options I use. I've found JW Accidentals impractical for my purpose so I only run it afterwards to find a couple of situations the MakeMusic plug-in misses, namely an accidental tied over a system break, and the situation where an accidental is introduced by a grace note (I like to restate in on a subsequent full-size note).

I'm surprised that rerunning the plug-in without Parenthesize doesn't remove them (it seems to in a simple experiment I tried). I think the "Canonic Utilities" plug-in can be used to clean up accidentals but I don't know the details. Zuill is the expert here, so hopefully he'll check in.