Tuplets-copy and paste

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jdpmus
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by jdpmus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:22 am

I'm copying some parts from an older version of Finale into Finale 26. There are eighth-note triplets in the original but they change to a combination of tied-sixteenth notes and other combinations not in the original part. It reminds me of the problem of exploding parts with triplets where the new part has no tuplets at all. I've looked through the settings and can find nothing to reset to the get the part to copy properly.

Any ideas?

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:39 pm

Peter Thomsen wrote:When you select the measure with the triplets, use Stack Selection.
Then you can copy the measure with the triplets, without the triplets getting “retranscribed”.
I just tried it, and it works for me.

The tricky part is, how to make a Stack Selection of a single staff in a multi-staff document.
Here is the secret:
Use a Staff Set of only that single staff.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

jdpmus
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by jdpmus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:34 pm

I discovered the "stack" copy solution last night, but it was a problem to re-construct the other parts that were not copied. However, the "create staff set" solution sounds like it will take care of that.

Thank you and ask the other posters for finding these hidden workarounds. You all really save the day.