Guitar TAB two Size Systems

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

RO_GTR
Finale Version: 14.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by RO_GTR » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello. I am a guitar teacher and have been a Finale customer since 2007. I have some issues with the Guitar TAB program that I need to resolve as I use that element of Finale quite a bit. I have MANY issues and can either compile them or work on them one at a time. I couldn't find any help on this issue via search.

All Guitar TAB systems are in two different sizes. I will attach a file so you can see. This problem is constant. Whenever I access a new page (I access the sheet through the guitar templates) I get the same double sized system. I have had this same issue on different computers, all downloaded from the Finale Website. It also occurred using Windows 7, exact same problem.

Windows 10.

Thanks!

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:02 pm

I am not sure I understand the problem. This file looks like the same size as the Template. Are you wanting a smaller size?

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

RO_GTR

Post by RO_GTR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm

You don't see a difference in the spacing of the lines between the third and forth rows? The font (numbers) aren't larger below the third row? I just opened my own file from this site and I definitely see a difference.

zuill

Post by zuill » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:06 pm

Okay. I was not sure what to look for. The System size setting is different. When in the % Tool (Resize), right click on the first System and ask it to use those settings from that System to the end. That should fix it.

Zuill

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 am

RO_GTR,

Take a look at the attached Finale document.

Is this what you need?

I changed the settings in
Document menu > Page Format > Score…

Then I switched to the Page Layout Tool, and ran the command Redefine Pages (look in the Page Layout menu).
PFloyd_WishUhere.musx
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

RO_GTR

Post by RO_GTR » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Sorry for the delay. I'm not online every day.

I tried what you suggested and nothing changed. Another point: this is how new All TAB pages are each time. Is there some internal setting that would affect ALL new sheets?

Is there some internal program setting that is causing this? As I've said already, this occurs ALL the time, and on different computers and two different OS, Windows 7 and 10.

I tried a work-around, creating a page from scratch, planning on saving it as a template but the two sizes of staves was present there also. Very frustrating. It's not suitable for professional publishing and I am working on a book.

Thanks.

zuill

Post by zuill » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Using the Resize Tool works for me. Peter's suggestion is to make sure that the global setting affects al future work as you add measures and pages. Both methods are usable and effective. If you can't get them to work, it might just be that a step is missing or misunderstood.

Zuill