File From Template - Goofy Measure Spacing

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

RO_GTR
Finale Version: 14.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by RO_GTR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 pm

When I open a new file from the TEMPLATE, the attached file (PNG) is what opens. The measure sizes are all goofy. What could be causing this?

I am unable to attach this file. It's PNG and only 402 KB. FAQ doesn't list the file types I can attach. Help please. This is NOT a Finale file; I want to show exactly what I'm seeing, just in case it looks fine when you open it.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Try converting the file to jpg.

Meanwhile, use the Utilities>Fit Measures to assign a number of measures to each system. Does that help? You can always change that during the layout stage.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

RO_GTR
Finale Version: 14.5

Post by RO_GTR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:40 pm

Yes, that does fix the problem...but what I want to know is WHY, what setting in my program is causing this? I have a slew of unexplained problems that have plagued me with this program over the years. Since whenever I had submitted them to Finale for a solution, they informed me everything was fine. But it isn't at my end. Peter just solved one of my issues by suggesting I reference a certain setting in PREFERENCES for that problem. These issues occur in every installation. I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows 10 and downloaded my version of Finale 14.5 from their site.

Thanks
FinaleTEMPLATE.jpg
Is this normal for Finale? I created the file from Template > Guitar

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Usually it's just a matter of updating layout, spacing, or refreshing.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3

Post by ebiggs1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:16 pm

I use templates all the time. Mine always come up like I made it and saved it. I especially like the custom expressions I need for this work. Perhaps if you save the template exactly as you want it, it will open that way each time.
template.jpg
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.