Multimeasure Rests in Finale 25

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

agodsey1
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by agodsey1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Hello, after using every normal method to create multimeasure rests from an orchestra score, I am completely unsuccessful. My professor told me that I needed to delete the rest from the section and the multimeasure rest feature would work. However, when I go to attempt to delete the whole rest from the measure, the eraser, from simply entry, does not work. I am using Finale 25. I need to create multi-measure rests for each instrument but nothing is working. Can you assist me? Thanks.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. You can't create MM rests from a score; only from parts.

If you have entered real whole rests, MM rests will not work. You need to have only the default whole rests in empty measures. If you aren't sure where you might have entered real whole rests, select the entire score, and go to Plugins > Note, Beam, and Rest Editing > Change to Default Whole Rests. After doing this, your multimeasure rests should work properly.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

agodsey1
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by agodsey1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:10 pm

Wow! It worked!!!!! Thank you, Miker. I do appreciate it, greatly. Have a great day and I'm glad to be a part of this forum. :) :) :)

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Glad I could help!
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society