Create Recurring Text Block

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

michaelrmurrin
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by michaelrmurrin » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:04 am

Is there a way to create a recurring text block? I am working in the score and I want to create an insert of my website address on every page, and I would prefer not to have to add it (and position it individually) as an individual text block on each page. Is there a way to add a new recurring text block, that is, a text block which is like the insert on the top of the page which has the name of the piece that shows up on every page?

Thanks

Michael Murrin

Finale 25, Windows 10

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:28 am

Yes. You can create a text insert frame on every page, position and all. Look in the help files for Text Frame.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:50 pm

FrameAttributes.jpg
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

michaelrmurrin
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by michaelrmurrin » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks! I got it to work, thanks to your replies.

A note to anyone who may be searching in these forums and find this topic - you need to create a new text block, then after creating it, select it, right-click, and select "Edit frame attributes", and then you'll see the dialog that Peter Thomsen posted (or a similar dialog if in Windows).

Also, (the following I am explaining just in case it may be helpful to anyone else): When I clicked on "Help">"User Manual" (in Finale 25 for Windows) and was taken to Finale's online help resources, I will admit I was a bit stuck at first. While the "I'm looking for...>"Where do I find..." section (that is, the Visual Index) has some very nifty features, I suppose I am more accustomed to a full user manual that you can browse through, look at a table of contents, etc. To anyone else who wants to just go directly to something that's more similar to a full user manual, then, after being taken to Finale's online help page, click on "I'm looking for..." and then click on either "How do I..." or "What does this do...". These two options are more similar to a full user guide. (Also, while the Quick Reference Guide is more of a "traditional" style user manual, the online resources are more complete and exhaustive.)