send finale real time playback to protools? (finale 2014)

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

drumstudio2000
Finale Version: finale 2010 and 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by drumstudio2000 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Hi,
the short version:
I need my DAW (protools) hears finale 2014 playback in real time, as if it were a channel audio or a mic. Is there a way to do it?

Long version:
I have a drum sheet made in finale 2014 and I need finale playback sent to protools audio in real time, and having the option to record it in a protools channel. Is there a way to do it? Exporting as audio and then reimporting wont work for me since I need this in real time because I will also be recording at the same time with my instrument.

(I thought maybe using some virtual audiocable software to send audio from one software to another, but I dont know how) im with finale 2014 and windows 7
thanks

FwL
Finale Version: 2010, 25.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by FwL » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Is there a specific reason you have to do this the hard way rather than just overdub your instrument over the drum track in protools?

If you must have the audio signal live, then a virtual cable would probably be the way to go.
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules... often with the aid of unsuspecting musicians - Frank Zappa